Tuesday, September 5, 2023

The “We sing, we dance” kind of moment | Henning Weigand

Have you experienced such a moment as I did yesterday? Somehow somewhere you hear a song that you have not heard since many many years. It reminds you of a feeling, of a moment and circumstance long back. It makes you smile, it gets you excited, it makes you melancholic or it even makes you dance, depending on the moment in time which you associate with this song.

This happened to me last night, and it was one of those déjà vu kinds of moments that I want to capture, to make myself more aware of without simply passing by unnoticed. I believe we all have these moments, way too long, way too often I let them pass unappreciated. Now I am trying to live more consciously, cherishing the memories despite a busy day, and trying to experience such small moments in full conscience. Somehow what I am writing here reminds me of another song, one by Jason Mraz.  And that song brings up a memory of a road trip I once did by myself driving on the East side of Maui along the Hana Coastline, listening to the album “We sing, we dance….” That was amazing!

by Henning Weigand

No comments:

Post a Comment